I got an invitation to join Pinterest today! I had seen things around the web, but I wasn’t exactly sure what it was all about. Turns out it’s a nifty way to discover cute new things. I would say the biggest draws for this site would be the fashion, decorating and photography aspects (so when my husband leaned over and asked about it, I told him he probably wouldn’t be interested). For now, my “feed” is filled with girl friends who are going crazy with their imaginations. I love it! I wonder if this is our first legitimately, all-exclusive, female social network? :)
There are a few things that have already gotten me inspired.
1. grab some cotton t-shirts you don’t wear anymore. larger sizes tend to work better as do non-ribbed shirts with no side seams. small logos on the shirts work fine, too.
2. grab a pair of fabric scissors if you have them, otherwise any scissors will do.
3. lay the shirt out on a flat table in front of you.
4. cut the hem off the bottom and put it aside.
5. cut the shirt into 1-1 1/2 ” horizontal strips all the way up to the armpit.
6. grab 3-4 shirt strips in both hands, and gently stretch them out. the strips will naturally curl into themselves.
7. once you have done this with many of the strips, it is time to get creative. try draping them, wrapping one end with excess fabric, combining colors, braiding them, attaching beads, pins, old jewelry, etc.
So what do you think? Are you addicted to Pinterest? Are you still awaiting an invite? Or do you find all of this just a tad too indulgent?